Manly Sunday Musings
I decided to do a male related post for once just to break the monotony of all these lady-things, haha… perhaps it’ll give my blog a “male touch” too so that everyone doesn’t think I’m a girl (or wants to be one :lol:) This isn’t going to be a full-out written post or something – just whatever passes my mind. I’m sitting around waiting for my cousin to arrive on the train, so I suppose I’d update my blog a bit and just drop my thoughts I had this morning about being a guy… can you tell this is going to be oh-so-fun listening to me talk about GUY issues? HAHA.
As much as menstruation can be such an inconvenience and painful, being a guy, we have our own issues to deal with too 😛 Ok ok, so sure, we aren’t brave enough to go through periods every month, but being a guy is not without annoyances either! 😀
- I just woke up this morning and looked at myself in the mirror, holy shit – I have to shave already… I think I have to shave twice a day or else by next morning I look like a bum off the street
- Too many guy thoughts… like seriously, can I not have sexual thoughts floating in my head every 52 seconds (or some even say every 7 seconds)?
- Referencing the above, it is even worse when you have a ‘reaction’ to NOTHING. That’s right, when guys wake up in the morning even without sexual implications, Big Brother is standing at salute… what the hell are you doing waking up before I do?!
- We have this “smell of a guy”… no matter how often we bathe ourselves and have good personal hygiene, guys have this natural smell. Maybe it is pheromones? I could take a shower right now and 10 seconds later, I already have that “man smell” coming back.
- Being masculine.. or at least what society defines our roles and traits should be.. for instance, I should swear, I should spit, I should howl at girls, I should suppress emotions, I should love money more than my family, I should be able to do all “heavy duty” work, I should be muscular, I should talk with a deep voice and be macho, etc. I don’t think I have gender issues, I simply don’t think that I need to follow suit with all male attributes, because I’m an individual, I am me.
- We have major sensitivities to our penis, like seriously… we always wonder whether it is “big enough” to satisfy girls… it seems like whether it is 5″ or 10″ – we will still worry
- Getting hit in the nuts… not fun.
- Hair loss… that’s right – for girls, unless you’ve gone through some kind of medical issue, most girls will not lose their hair enough to the point of balding. You know why we lose hair? Because WE have to produce too much testosterone -__-” My hormones are all going to waste right now until bebe and I get married? LOL – FML 😆
- It is common for guys to snore when we sleep, medical-problems aside, it is annoying for our partners. There’s definitely a much fewer percentage of girls who do snore when they sleep.
- We don’t get boobs or a vag… that sucks – LOL. Maybe we don’t really want them, but as a guy, we love them, therefore we think we want them 😀
- We get a male-version of menopause (andropause) – it happens and although I haven’t went through it (and hopefully won’t for quite a few years), I heard it was pretty damn nasty
- Insecurity – when a bunch of you and your girl-friends are together… when all you girls start giggling, we start to think whether you’re secretly making fun of us
- We can’t sweet-talk our way out of problems, but girls can (if they’re good at it)!
- We’re not supposed to cry, even if we feel really hurt, physically or emotionally
- We are at an extreme disadvantage when engaged in a fight… all it takes is one swift hit to the head to take us out.. I don’t mean the head above your shoulders
- We always are told to be the “bigger man” and it sucks sometimes… if you’re staring down my girlfriend, I’ll walk away NOW in front of her – but I’ll come back and rip your eyes out later.
- We’re naturally aggressive and violent
- We don’t get cool underwear… speaking of which, we pretty much have to wear boxers unless you constantly want your nuts smushed up against your body
- We have to (in general) hold it to go pee… which means we have to wash our hands. Girls, you don’t have anything to hold, so washing your hands is only optional (but highly preferred…)
- Our insurance premiums are rated, even with a clean record. Apparently being male automatically makes us more accident and ticket-prone.
- When something like rape or harassment is contested, people will always believe the girl first, especially if she’s the “victim”
- Wet dreams… ya, you girls think it’s funny, don’t you? It’s messy and rather disturbing….
- There’s no way to become “close” to your guy friends between heterosexual males before you are automatically deemed gay. Between girls, you could be holding hands or practically on top of each other and people still won’t assume you are lesbians until proven otherwise
- It is more degrading and unacceptable for a guy in a relationship not to have a job or be putting the food on the table. It is acceptable for girls to get away with that.
- Along the above note, it is frowned upon when your girlfriend/wife makes more than the guy does, it generates a lot of “bad talk”… look at Kay Tse (謝安琪) and her husband.
- Quoted from enotes.com “When men love and care for women it is thought of as some kind of privilege for them, but something done by men is just to impress and win over affection of women. But when women do similar things, they are praised for being naturally loving, caring and affectionate.”
- If you get into a divorce and you’re a guy… you’re fucked, better spread your ass and prepare to be raped, financially.
- “Fathers Day” is a joke compared to “Mothers Day”
- Statistically, we live shorter life spans than females
- We get called upon by our girlfriend/wife when they “need” us… then we’re cast aside until they “require” our assistance us again
- We’re expected to be a “gentleman” to girls, even when they don’t act in a lady-like fashion
LOL, that’s all I could think for now… my cousin just sent me a text message to let me know that she’ll be probably a friggin hour late… did I not expect it? 😀 lol… well, guess I’ll go eat lunch now! Toodles.
Posted on May 2, 2010, in Personal and tagged Blog, Erection, Gentleman, Hair Loss, Health, Interests, Life, Men, Morning Wood, Musings, My Life, Opinion, People, Personal, Sex, Thoughts, Wet Dream. Bookmark the permalink. 19 Comments.